Praying the Chaplet of St.Michael is believe by many to provide great benefits for those who pray it often, among which are the continuous assistance from Saint Michael the Archangel and the company of one angel of each of the nine choirs of angels when approaching communion. For those who recite the Chaplet daily, it is said that St. Michael promised his continual assistance and that of all the holy angels during the person's life. Praying the chaplet is also believed to defeat demons and grant a Pure Heart thus delivering one from Purgatory. It is said that these blessings extend to the direct family of the person.
To begin hold the Chaplet in your hand and make the Sign of The Cross. "In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen."
On the medal:
O God, come to my assistance. O Lord, make haste to help me. Glory be to the Father, and to the Son and to the Holy Sprit. As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be world with out end. Amen.Pray the Our Father (also known as the Lord's Prayer) and three Hail Marys for each of the following each nine salutations in honor of the nine Choirs of Angels.
The Our Father (The Lord's prayer):
Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours, now and for ever. Amen.
The Hail Mary:
Hail, Mary! Full of grace, The Lord is with thee; Blessed are thou among women, And blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, Pray for us sinners, Now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.
The Nine Salutations:
1. By the intercession of St. Michael and the celestial Choir of Seraphim may the Lord make us worthy to burn with the fire of perfect charity. Amen.
2. By the intercession of St. Michael and the celestial Choir of Cherubim may the Lord grant us the grace to leave the ways of sin and run in the paths of Christian perfection. Amen.
3. By the intercession of St. Michael and the celestial Choir of Thrones may the Lord infuse into our hearts a true and sincere spirit of humility. Amen.
4. By the intercession of St. Michael and the celestial Choir of Dominations may the Lord give us grace to govern our senses and overcome any unruly passions. Amen.
5. By the intercession of St. Michael and the celestial Choir of Virtues may the Lord preserve us from evil and falling into temptation. Amen.
6. By the intercession of St. Michael and the celestial Choir of Powers may the Lord protect our souls against the snares and temptations of the devil. Amen.
7. By the intercession of St. Michael and the celestial Choir of Principalities may God fill our souls with a true spirit of obedience. Amen.
8. By the intercession of St. Michael and the celestial Choir of Archangels may the Lord give us perseverance in faith and in all good works in order that we may attain the glory of Heaven Amen.
9. By the intercession of St. Michael and the celestial Choir of Angels may the Lord grant us to be protected by them in this mortal life and conducted in the life to come to Heaven. Amen.
Pray one Our Father (Also known as The Lord's Prayer) in honor of each of the following leading Angels: St. Michael, St. Gabriel, St. Raphael and our Guardian Angel.
O glorious prince St. Michael, chief and commander of the heavenly hosts, guardian of souls, vanquisher of rebel spirits, servant in the house of the Divine King and our admirable conductor, you who shine with excellence and superhuman virtue deliver us from all evil, who turn to you with confidence and enable us by your gracious protection to serve God more and more faithfully every day.Pray for us, O glorious St. Michael, Prince of the Church of Jesus Christ, that we may be made worthy of His promises.Almighty and Everlasting God, Who, by a prodigy of goodness and a merciful desire for the salvation of all men, has appointed the most glorious Archangel St. Michael Prince of Your Church, make us worthy, we ask You, to be delivered from all our enemies, that none of them may harass us at the hour of death, but that we may be conducted by him into Your Presence.This we ask through the merits of Jesus Christ Our Lord. Amen.
The Sign of the Cross:
"In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen."
For further Reading: